ShorCut To the Body

Requesting Review Of Central Grievance

1. Who may file a complaint?

  • Any Faculty members at public universities and colleges
  • Senior supervisors, senior educational researchers and principals appointed by the President of the Republic of Korea
  • Other educational civil servants must first be placed under the preliminary complaint committee's review in order to apply for a central complaint judgment.
※ Private school teachers and faculty members have a separate system which ensures that complaints are resolved according to regulations.

2. In which case may a complaint be made?

An appeal can be made when an appellant wishes to challenge a disciplinary action that s/he regards unfair.
  • Complaints may be raised on various working conditions including personal management, organizational structure and treatment.
    • Cases pertaining to wages including salary and bonus
    • Regulations on working hours, recess and vacation
    • Cases pertaining to appointments including promotion, transfer and occupational change
    • Cases pertaining to job performance rating, professional work experience rating, education and training, service, etc
    • Cases pertaining to job achievement such as awards, suggestions, etc.
  • Cases pertaining to discrimination based on gender, age, and one's physical or mental disability

3. How and when should the appeal be made?

  • Applications for central complaint investigation must be submitted to the Ministry of Education in person or by mail.
    • Appeals Commission for Teachers, cheonghambuilding 492, Hannuri-daero, Sejong special Self-Governing city, Republic of Korea (30103)
    • Tel: 82-44-203-7400, 7402 / Fax: 82-44-203-8125, 8127
  • Educational civil servants who pass the preliminary complaint committee must submit a central complaint judgment application within 30 days of receiving the decision.